BRPA is a Waterkeeper Alliance Affiliate.
The fight for clean water is a fight for one of the most basic and essential human rights. With water resources declining in quality and quantity in virtually every part of the world, communities everywhere are looking for ways to protect this right.
Waterkeeper Alliance provides a way for communities to stand up to anyone who threatens this right—from law-breaking corporate polluters to irresponsible governments. On over 260 waterways, from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico, the Amazon to the Ganges, Waterkeepers are on patrol, in boats ranging in size from kayaks to research vessels.
Part scientist, teacher, and law officer, every Waterkeeper combines firsthand knowledge of their waterway with an unwavering commitment to the rights of their community and to the rule of law. Whether they’re on the water tracking down polluters, in a courtroom advocating for stronger enforcement of environmental laws, rallying community support in town meetings, or in a classroom educating young people, Waterkeepers speak for the waters they defend.
Waterkeeper Alliance makes sure that the world’s Waterkeepers are as connected to each other as they are to their local waters, organizing the fight for clean water into a coordinated global movement. United as one powerful force, Waterkeeper Alliance fights for the rights of communities everywhere—as the voice for the world’s waters.
To champion clean water and strong communities, Waterkeeper Alliance:
- Supports and empowers member Waterkeeper organizations to protect communities, ecosystems, and water quality;
- Promotes the Waterkeeper model for watershed protection worldwide; and
- Advocates for issues common to Waterkeeper programs.
WATERKEEPER ALLIANCE AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- visit our website ANNUAL CONFERENCE: an opportunity to join Waterkeepers from around the world to build and reinforce a unified network of water advocates.
- http://runescapelottery.info/tag/game/ REGIONAL COORDINATION: participate in regional campaigns, grassroots organizing, and local gatherings to foster communication and collaboration within the Waterkeeper movement.
- pregnyl uk price TRAINING: Waterkeepers are using science, technology and the law to stop polluters and protect our waterways. Tap into the wealth of knowledge in the movement and strengthen your advocacy through our training programs.
- WATERKEEPER MAGAZINE: a new approach to independent environmental journalism, we help bring your stories from the front lines of the global water crisis to an international audience.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: reach over 80,000 online supporters through Waterkeeper Alliance’s e-advocacy and social media channels.
- MEDIA: amplify your message through collaborative media campaigns and joint PR.
- ONLINE ADVOCACY: the Waterkeeper movement is utilizing new and innovative technology to increase support and engage a global audience.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY: Waterkeeper Alliance provides resources to help guide strategy and fundraising.
- COMMUNITY LISTSERVS: the Waterkeeper movement is built of experts skilled in all aspects of protecting our waterways. Connect with grassroots leaders to increase your organizational capacity and efficacy.
- MENTORS: all new Waterkeeper Affiliates are connected to mentors who will guide, strengthen, and empower your program.
- TRADEMARK: Waterkeeper Alliance fights to protect the Waterkeeper name to ensure its continued strength and impact.